[Gluster-infra] Automated packaging?

Kaleb KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Wed Apr 8 12:41:41 UTC 2015

On 04/08/2015 05:56 PM, Kaushal M wrote:
> Doesn't Jenkins already build the release RPMs? The same job could
> extended for debs and others as well. I don't know how much of the
> Jenkins process is manual, but I figure shouldn't be much.
>
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 4:27 PM, Vijay Bellur <vbellur at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We are now facing a problem of plenty of packaging to be done manually for
>> every release of glusterfs (GA & test releases). I am wondering if we can
>> automate this workflow of building RPMs, debs etc. for all releases going
>> forward. Is this doable? If so, what would we need to automate the workflow?

You can ask for RPMs to be built as part of making a release. Those RPMs
are, for the most part, not very interesting.

Building RPMs for download.gluster.org, CentOS Storage SIG, and Fedora
is a manual process, as is building .debs for Debian and Ubuntu. It's a
pretty lightweight process though. (The hard part is signing the
resulting packages.)

Niels de Vos also has automated nightly builds, but AFAIK these are not
signed like the above.

--

Kaleb