[Gluster-infra] [Gluster-devel] Adventures in building GlusterFS

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Thu Apr 2 11:13:13 UTC 2015

On 2 Apr 2015, at 01:57, Jeff Darcy <jdarcy at redhat.com> wrote:
<snip>
>        (1) Apply the -Wno-error=cpp and -Wno-error=maybe-uninitialized
>        changes wherever they need to be applied so that they're
>        effective during normal regression builds

The git repo which holds our CentOS build and regression testing
scripts, is here:

  https://review.gerrithub.io/#/admin/projects/justinclift/glusterfs_patch_acceptance_tests
  https://github.com/justinclift/glusterfs_patch_acceptance_tests

It's being used as a test bunny to try out GerritHub.  (May end in
rabbit soup.  I do not like rabbit soup. :/)

The build bit in it is (bash script):

  P=/build;
  ./configure --prefix=$P/install --with-mountutildir=$P/install/sbin --with-initdir=$P/install/etc --localstatedir=/var --enable-bd-xlator=yes --enable-debug --silent
  make install CFLAGS="-g -O0 -Wall -Werror" -j 4

With the -Werror added last night.

Should we adjust it?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift