[Gluster-infra] Nightly Gerrit start/stop backup job now on review.gluster.org

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Sat Sep 27 14:29:18 UTC 2014

On 27/09/2014, at 10:49 AM, Niels de Vos wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 10:32:49PM +0100, Justin Clift wrote:
<snip>
>> There's now a nightly cronjob to stop Gerrit (on review.gluster.org), backup
>> Gerrit to another host, and start it up again.
>
> What time + timezone is 'nightly'?

03:15 UTC.  It should only be offline for under a minute (in general),
so I'm hoping it has no real noticeable impact. :)

> Thanks for taking care of this,

No worries.  This approach seems like the only way to get a consistent
back from Gerrit.

"git-daemon" is installed on review.gluster.org too, which needs backing
up as well.  Haven't yet begun to attack that, but will on Monday.  Once
that's done, I think all of the services on review.gluster.org will be
getting backed up.  At that point we can start looking at upgrading
Gerrit / migrating it to Rackspace, etc.

+ Justin