[Gluster-infra] Backup strategy for our infrastructure?

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Wed Sep 10 11:29:26 UTC 2014

On 01/09/2014, at 5:56 PM, Louis Zuckerman wrote:
<snip>
> slave* - 7 day, warned that attached storage won't be imaged, only system disk

As a useful data point for the slave*.cloud.gluster.org VM's, it's
a *lot* faster to build new ones from scratch rather than restoring
them from these image backups.

It takes about 10-15 mins (real world timing) to create a new
slave* VM from scratch.

Whereas it's taken 1 hour 10 mins (so far) to create a new slave
VM from an image backup, and it's only 80% done.

At least now we know. :)