[Gluster-infra] Jenkins error - "Failed to clean the workspace"

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Mon Sep 8 18:32:29 UTC 2014

On 08/09/2014, at 10:30 AM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
> Hi Humble,
>
> Few smoke tests are now failing with:
>
> ERROR: Failed to clean the workspace

This has been happening recently on a few of the regression
test slave VM's too.  It seems to mean there are files in
the Jenkins workspace area which Jenkins doesn't have access
to delete.  eg maybe root owned or similar

It's probably easy to fix, by:

  $ sudo chown -Rh jenkins:jenkins <workspace dir>/*

But it'd be useful to figure out why it's happening too.

Maybe someone manually logged into the boxes and accidentally
set ownership/permissions wrongly. :/

If some part of the smoke/regression testing scripts are causing
the problem though, we'll need to fix it.

+ Justin