[Gluster-infra] Backup strategy for our infrastructure?

Louis Zuckerman me at louiszuckerman.com
Mon Sep 1 16:56:49 UTC 2014

Ok I enabled scheduled image creation for all the cloud servers.

For some reason a few servers asked me what time of day to take the
snapshot, but not how long to retain them.  For everything else I wasn't
asked the time of day, and was only asked for retention period.  No idea
why that is.

Also noteworthy, the images only capture the system disk, not any attached
block storage.  So that's pretty sad.

Here's details for all the systems:

backups.c.g.o - 7 day schedule
download.g.o - only let me pick time of day, not retention
freebsd0.c.g.o - 7 day, warned that attached storage won't be imaged, only
system disk
g4s* - 7 day
gfs-rackspace-f20-1 - 7 day, warned that attached storage won't be imaged,
only system disk
gluster-mirror2 - only let me pick time of day, not retention
gluster-swift2 - 7 day
gluster.com-mirror1 - only let me pick time of day, not retention
netbsd0 - 7 day, warned that attached storage won't be imaged, only system
disk
netbsd7-gfs2 - 7 day
slave* - 7 day, warned that attached storage won't be imaged, only system
disk
staging - 7 day
tiny - 7 day
www.g.o - 7 day