[Gluster-infra] [Gluster-users] Anyone willing to help out with GlusterFS infrastructure?

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Mon Oct 6 17:42:19 UTC 2014

On 06/10/2014, at 2:26 PM, Michael DePaulo wrote:
<snip>
> Understood. But how should duplicate content be handled? Should the
> wiki have its getting started guide replaced with a link to the static
> website's getting started guide?

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a bad idea at all.  The general thought
is that the static website should be the place for "more refined"
documentation, with the wiki being for stuff that changes pretty often
or is still under construction.

There aren't any hard and fast rules yet, and the static website
building process itself isn't great (needs to be worked through).

Actually... probably the very greatest immediate need we have at the
moment is to refine the static website building process here:

  http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Building_Gluster_Website

Because right now it's a real pita.  davemc (also on gluster-infra)
has been fighting with it for a few days in order to add a new page.
(if you can massively simplify the static website building process,
davemc is likely to send you a case of beer. :>)

Soumya Deb (CC'd) has been looking at the overall website info
structure + direction, so probably has some good thoughts already on
where we should take things.

Side note - I'm off sick today (bad head cold), so about to crawl
back into bed.  If you need accounts on the website staging and
production server, Michael Scherer (misc) can create them for you. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift