[Gluster-infra] [Gluster-devel] Anyone willing to help out with GlusterFS infrastructure?

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Fri Oct 3 23:50:49 UTC 2014

Le vendredi 03 octobre 2014 à 19:31 +0100, Justin Clift a écrit :
> On 03/10/2014, at 6:59 PM, Vipul Nayyar wrote:

> > Apart from that I've done a bit of socket programming in my college networks lab. So yes, gaining more experience with python in a different context would be great.
>
> Cool.  Misc (Michael Scherer, CC'd) has been setting up an initial
> Salt install, and should be able to give you access to the box there
> for doing stuff with.  Misc, are you ok to intro Vipul to what's
> needed to progress our Salt setup?

salt is running, what we need now is :
- add others box ( I do not have access on most of them by conventional
way ) to the salt-master. Not a very interesting or complex task.

- add more services. For now, there is salt itself, and varnish. And
various basic stuff. I guess adding ntp, selinux would be a good start.

- decide how we give access to people. For now, we have 3 git
repository, but I am the only on eto have access. I would be in favor of
placing it in gerrit, and let people commit there rather than on the box
that is root every where.

- document everything.

I am not 100% satisfied by the current setup, and the lack of reporting
from salt and everything, but I didn't dig enough in the details to have
a better idea.
Open Source and Standards, Sysadmin