[Gluster-infra] [Gluster-devel] Anyone willing to help out with GlusterFS infrastructure?

Vipul Nayyar nayyar_vipul at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 3 18:36:31 UTC 2014

On Saturday, 4 October 2014 12:01 AM, Justin Clift <justin at gluster.org> wrote:

On 03/10/2014, at 6:59 PM, Vipul Nayyar wrote:
> I primarily use Fedora for my day to day activities and projects/interests. Although I'm not really aware what all kind of work constitutes that a SysAdmin does, but I'll agree that with my limited Gluster experience and with other services on linux that I might have dealt with over the past years, I'm capable of taking on an infra related task that you may have to offer.
>
> You may need to point me towards the right direction, but I'll make sure that I don't require hand holding. :-)
>
> The shell script thing surely looks interesting to start with.

Cool.  I'll create a system (ssh) account for you on the gluster web
server, and send the steps I've been using for the MediaWiki upgrade. :)

What's your preferred username on the box?

Simply 'vipul' or if that's taken, 'vipulnayyar' would be fine. Never really could come up with a cool nickname for irc or any other stuff. :-p

> Regarding the python stuff, I did most of my GSOC project in python as part of those stat.py and web server.py scripts if you remember.

Ahhh, that's right.  I was thinking it was C for some reason.  Bad
me. ;)

> Apart from that I've done a bit of socket programming in my college networks lab. So yes, gaining more experience with python in a different context would be great.

Cool.  Misc (Michael Scherer, CC'd) has been setting up an initial
Salt install, and should be able to give you access to the box there
for doing stuff with.  Misc, are you ok to intro Vipul to what's
needed to progress our Salt setup?