[Gluster-infra] Automatic nightly builds for glusterfs RPMs?

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Jan 15 17:01:47 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 10:54:05PM +0530, Vijay Bellur wrote:
> On 01/14/2014 05:36 PM, Niels de Vos wrote:

> >>I think we could give this a try.

> >>Nightly if commits have been merged in the last 24 hours.
> >
> >Updated the script [1] with a "-H <HOURS>" switch. It defaults to 24
> >hours and will not trigger a build if 'git log --since=24hours' is
> >empty.
>
> Nice!

> >>We can possibly run the script as a jenkins job or through cron in
> >>build.gluster.org.
> >
> >I can setup a cron-job on build.gluster.org that runs as my user. Any
> >particular time that would be most convenient?
>
> Don't seem to have a preference. Maybe 00:00 UTC ? :)

> >>+1. download.gluster.org is something that we can publish as the
> >>source for all nightly builds.
> >
> >I dont know how (if) automatic pushes to download.gluster.org are done.
> >Maybe just setup an rsync or similar job that copies the COPR
> >repositories over?

Things that need to be done:
1. make sure that the following works on the server
   - git clone
   - ./autogen.sh
   - make dist
   - rpmbuild -ts *.tar.gz
   -> build.gluster.org is fine for this
2. install copr-cli on the system
   - depends on python-argparse and python-requests (from EPEL-6?)
   - el6 package from http://people.fedoraproject.org/~devos/copr/
   -> no el6 builds in Fedora EPEL (requested in Bug 1053142)
3. copy the API-key from http://copr.fedoraproject.org/api
   -> done on my user account on build.gluster.org
4. setup a cronjob to trigger the builds
   - start time 00:00 UTC
   - use a fixed working directory for git caching (and verification?)
   - use a shell script for sequential builds
   (optionally the script can wait until a build has finished)
5. pick a system where the packages should be located
   - pull the packages on download.gluster.org
   - or, push them to download.gluster.org
   - what target directory?
   - add a README.WARNING to make clear that the packages are for
     testing ONLY
6. trigger a sync of the repos
   - use lftp or something similar, this works for me:
     $ lftp -e 'mirror --only-newer' \
       http://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/devos/glusterfs-3.5/

Current blocking points:
- I need help/permission/agreement to do step 2
- Any input, recommendation for step 5 + 6

Thanks,
Niels