[Gluster-infra] DOS on gluster website

Louis Zuckerman me at louiszuckerman.com
Tue Aug 19 21:20:04 UTC 2014

My take on the incident was it was a brute force against the XML-RPC API
for wordpress.  Intent was probably (imho) to gain access, but because
server is not configured that great, it caused DoS.

I'm going to do some basic config of the Varnish cache to aggressively
cache the static web content & block access to the WP API.

If anyone has any other (modest) requests for the Varnish config please

Thanks!

-louis