[Gluster-devel] New logging interface

Xavi Hernandez xhernandez at redhat.com
Thu Mar 24 20:15:46 UTC 2022

Hi Strahil,

On Thu, Mar 24, 2022 at 8:26 PM Strahil Nikolov <hunter86_bg at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Hey Xavi,
>
> Did anyone measure performance behavior before and after the changes?

I haven't tested performance for this change, but I don't expect any
appreciable variation. The main reason to do it is to provide a simpler way
to create and use log messages that makes them more flexible and
consistent. It's specially useful when used with an editor that support
code completion.

Given that I've rewritten a significant part of the code, I've taken the
opportunity to include some things that could have a minimal performance
benefit, but it's not the main reason.

Best regards,

Xavi