[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Meeting minutes for the Gluster community meeting held on 25-05-2021
aujjwal at redhat.com
Tue May 25 12:22:19 UTC 2021
# Gluster Community Meeting - 25/05/2021
### Previous Meeting minutes:
- [Meeting Minutes](http://github.com/gluster/community/meetings)
### Date/Time: Check the [community
- 2nd / 4th Tuesday's, 02:30PM IST
- Bridge: https://meet.google.com/cpu-eiue-hvk
Name (#gluster-dev alias) - company
* Ayush Ujjwal - Red Hat
* Nishith Vihar - Red Hat
* Pranith Kumar K - PhonePe.com
* srijan-sivakumar - Red Hat
* sankarshan - Kadalu.IO
* Sunil Kumar - Red Hat
* Shwetha Acharya - Red Hat
* Csaba Henk - Red Hat
* Saju Mohammed - Red Hat
* Nikhil Ladha - Red Hat
### User stories
* Project metrics:
| Metrics | Value |
| ------------------------- | -------- |
|[Coverity](https://scan.coverity.com/projects/gluster-glusterfs) | 38 |
|[Clang Scan](https://build.gluster.org/job/clang-scan/lastBuild/) | 89 |
|[Gluster User Queries in last 14
| 27 |
|[Total Github issues](https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues)
| 315 |
* Any release updates?
* Blocker issues across the project?
* It looks like the lock-recovery changes introduced with
https://review.gluster.org/#/c/glusterfs/+/22712/ has issues. We
already fixed https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/pull/2456 and
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/2337 but looks like the
code is buggy. Need someone to take a look at the difference between
posix-locks and client xlators in how the locks are maintained to fix
the issue completely.
* Notable thread form mailing list
* Not exactly from mailing list. Slack user pinged me and asked me
if it is possible to let the users know of any known issues in the
latest releases so that they can make a decision about which version
to use. For example: 9.0 and 9.1 had protocol issue.
* Along the same lines, I wanted to ask one more question. Should
we release beta-releases for major releases so that we get feedback
about any issues that happen in their particular environment to
address the issues even before the stable releases are made?
### Conferences / Meetups
* [SYSTOR 21](https://www.systor.org/2021/cfp.html)
* June 14 - June 16,2021
* [SDC India 2021](https://www.snia.org/events/sdcindia)
* Submission of presentations is OPEN
* Talks related to gluster:
### GlusterFS - v10 and beyond
* No new updates
### Developer focus
* Any design specs to discuss?
### Component status
* Arbiter - stable/maintained
* AFR - stable/maintained (Release 9 is affected by
* DHT - stable/maintained
* EC - stable/maintained
* DOC - stable/maintained
* Geo Replication - stable/maintained
* Glusterd - stable/maintained
* thin-arbiter - stable/maintained
### Recent Blog posts / Document updates
* No new blog posts recently.
* Who will host next meeting? [Ayush]
- Host will need to send out the agenda 24hr - 12hrs in advance to
mailing list, and also make sure to send the meeting minutes.
- Host will need to reach out to one user at least who can talk
about their usecase, their experience, and their needs.
- Host needs to send meeting minutes as PR to
- Host has to send the meeting minutes as a mail to the
gluster-devel and gluster-users list.
* Who will take notes from the next meeting? [Ayush]
### Action Items on host
* Check-in Minutes of meeting for this meeting
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gluster-devel