[Gluster-devel] Freenode takeover and GlusterFS IRC channels

Anoop C S anoopcs at cryptolab.net
Mon Jun 7 12:51:36 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I hope many of us are aware of the recent changes that happened at
Freenode IRC network(in case you are not, feel free to look into
details based on various resignation letters from long-time then
Freenode staff starting with [1]). In the light of this take over
situation, many open source communities have moved over to its
replacement i.e, libera.chat[2].

Now I would like to open this up to GlusterFS community to think about
moving forward with our current IRC channels(#gluster, #gluster-dev and
#gluster-meeting) on Freenode. How important are those channels for
GlusterFS project? How about moving over to libera.chat in case we
stick to IRC communication?

Let's discuss and conclude on the way forward..

Note:- Matrix[3] platform is also an option nowadays and we do have a
Gluster room(#gluster:matrix.org) there ! welcome..welcome :-)

Regards,
Anoop C S

[1] https://fuchsnet.ch/freenode-resign-letter.txt
[2] https://libera.chat/