[Gluster-devel] New Testing Framework For Gluster

Amar Tumballi amar at kadalu.io
Tue Feb 9 17:52:12 UTC 2021

While I am going through the document, I would like people to take a look
at what we had done -
https://kadalu.io/rfcs/0002-test-framework-binnacle.html

At least the goals looks similar, ie, simplify testing, make it language
agnostic, and also provide distributed infra awareness. Our goal was to
keep the learning curve less for already existing developers with
compatibility to existing test framework.

Happy if we as a community can do a collaborated effort on this. Because in
my experience, none of this efforts will be concluded in few months, but
will need year or more time. And what we do now should stand test of time,
and should be used for the next 10+years at least. So, take time, discuss
pros and cons and then get to implementation.

If everyone thinks binnacle <https://github.com/kadalu/binnacle> idea is
good, we can work together on it. If there are concerns in the community
that kadalu owns the repo, happy to consider hosting it under gluster/ org
after there are contributions coming.

Regards,
Amar

On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 9:32 PM Barak Sason Rofman <bsasonro at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Greetings Gluster community,
>
> Following recent discussions on the effectiveness of the current
> functional test framework (glusto_test), I've prepared a doc specifying why
> in my opinion the glusto_test needs to be abandoned and a new testing
> framework should be created:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g0jb04IN0ENic3CovCGJMILLQXMhnD930QeF1bzTlh4/edit?usp=sharing
>
> In addition, I've also prepared a doc detailing a design for a new testing
> framework:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D8zUSmg-00ey711gsqvS6G9i_fGN2cE0EbG4u1TOsaQ/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Please share your thoughts and views on the matter.
> Regards.
> --
> *Barak Sason Rofman*
>
> Gluster Storage Development
>
> Red Hat Israel <https://www.redhat.com/>
>
> 34 Jerusalem rd. Ra'anana, 43501
>
> bsasonro at redhat.com <adi at redhat.com>    T: *+972-9-7692304*
> M: *+972-52-4326355*
> @RedHat <https://twitter.com/redhat>   Red Hat
> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/red-hat>  Red Hat
> <https://www.facebook.com/redhat.il/>
> <https://red.ht/sig>
> -------
>
> Community Meeting Calendar:
> Schedule -
> Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 14:30 IST / 09:00 UTC
> Bridge: https://meet.google.com/cpu-eiue-hvk

https://kadalu.io
Container Storage made easy!