[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-infra] Update on georep failure

Amar Tumballi amar at kadalu.io
Wed Feb 3 08:26:11 UTC 2021

My observation was similar with Ubuntu 18.04/16.04 too. Even if we install
libtirpc-dev, code would compile but fails to run (ie, no messages would be
received by glusterd process).

One thing to fix it was always compiling/running it in `--without-libtirpc`
option for configure.

Happy to move to C8 for runs. If we choose to use C7, then our builds
should explicitly call --without-libtirpc.

Regards,

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 1:49 AM Michael Scherer <mscherer at redhat.com> wrote:

> Le mardi 02 février 2021 à 21:06 +0200, Yaniv Kaul a écrit :
> > On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 8:14 PM Michael Scherer <mscherer at redhat.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > so we finally found the cause of the georep failure, after several
> > > days
> > > of work from Deepshika and I.
> > >
> > > Short story:
> > > ============
> > >
> > > side effect of adding libtirpc-devel on EL 7:
> > > https://github.com/gluster/project-infrastructure/issues/115
> >

> > Looking at
> > https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-patch-acceptance-tests/pull/191
> > - we
> > weren't supposed to use it?
> > From
> >
> https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/d1d7a6f35c816822fab51c820e25023863c239c1/glusterfs.spec.in#L61
> > :
> > # Do not use libtirpc on EL6, it does not have xdr_uint64_t() and
> > xdr_uint32_t
> > # Do not use libtirpc on EL7, it does not have xdr_sizeof()
> > %if ( 0%{?rhel} && 0%{?rhel} <= 7 )
> > %global _without_libtirpc --without-libtirpc
> > %endif
> >

> > CentOS 7 has an ancient version, CentOS 8 has a newer version, so
> > perhaps
> > just one CentOS 8 slaves?
>
> Fine for me for C8, but if libtirpc on EL7 is missing a function (or
> more), how come the code compile without trouble, and fail at run time
> in a rather non obvious way ?
>
> looking at
> https://build.gluster.org/job/gh_centos7-regression/773/consoleFull
>
> it say: