[Gluster-devel] gluster-block v0.5.1 is alive!

Prasanna Kalever pkalever at redhat.com
Wed Sep 30 14:42:21 UTC 2020

Hello Gluster folks,

The gluster-block team is happy to announce the v0.5.1 release [1].

This is the security and bug fix release of gluster-block, the CVE and
few bug fixes are made available as part of this release. Please find
the release notes with notable fixes at [2].

One can find the details about prerequisites, how to install and setup
at [3]. If you are a new user, check out the demo video attached in
the README doc [4], which will be a good source of intro to the
project. There are good examples of how to use gluster-block both in
the man pages [5] and test file [6] (also in the README).

If you want to quickly bring up a cluster with gluster-block
environment locally, please head to vagrant setting-up details [7].

gluster-block is part of fedora package collection, an updated package
with release version v0.5.1 will be made available. And the community
provided packages will be soon made available at [8].

Please spend a minute to report any kind of issue that comes to your
notice with this handy link [9]. We look forward to your feedback,
which will help gluster-block get better!

We would like to thank all our users, contributors for bug filing and
fixes, also the whole team involved in the huge effort with
pre-release testing.

[1] https://github.com/gluster/gluster-block/releases
[2] https://github.com/gluster/gluster-block/releases/tag/v0.5.1
[3] https://github.com/gluster/gluster-block#install