[Gluster-devel] SELinux and GlusterFS

jiffin tony Thottan thottanjiffin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 07:27:37 UTC 2020

Hey,

The selinux feature supported in glusterfs, but for fuse clients there is
some patch missing in kernel side AFAIR.  The feature works with nfs4 via
nfs-ganesha. Currently I am not actively working on those projects. Adding
Arjun in loop who worked for the support in nfs-ganesha. Also ccing dev
list of both projects.

--
Jiffin

On Fri, 25 Sep 2020 at 3:07 AM, Karl MacMillan <karl at bigbadwolfsecurity.com>
wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I saw your Fosdem and other presentations about GlusterFS and SELinux -
> last I saw was about missing 3.10 merge. I'm looking for a distributed
> filesystem with SELinux support and was wondering what the current status
> is. Sorry to bother you with email - I just couldn't find anything
> definitive about where things are at the moment.
>
> If GlusterFS isn't ready, are you aware of another option? I guess maybe
> NFSv4? But that's not exactly the same kind of thing.
>
> Thanks - Karl
>

> --
Jiffin Tony Thottan
Ph:+918129412217