[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-infra] Unexpected jenkins restart

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Tue May 26 10:50:35 UTC 2020

Le mardi 26 mai 2020 à 12:33 +0200, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> while working on the jenkins automation (mostly adding new host with
> CLI), I did a jenkins-cli reload-configuration. Turn out that this
> is,
> contrary to what I expected, also seems to have blocked jenkins
> somehow.
>
> I am trying to figure exactly what is happening, cause I do not
> expect
> that to be so long.

My current hypothesis is that jenkins is still running, but currently
reloading the config seems to imply "read all xml files in
/var/lib/jenkins" or something. I do not know where this do come from,
but this also mean that the server is busy parsing all builds results
in /var/lib/jenkins/jobs, a 72G directory with around 148652 files if I
can trust find and wc.

I will dig a bit more before interrupting the server brutally

--
Michael Scherer / He/Il/Er/Él
Sysadmin, Community Infrastructure