[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Gluster Test Day

Kaleb Keithley kkeithle at redhat.com
Wed Jun 24 13:01:00 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 8:32 AM Strahil Nikolov <hunter86_bg at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Hi Rinku,
>
> can you tell me how the packages for CentOS 7 are build, as I had issues
> yesterday bulding both latest and v7 branches ?

Generally speaking, CentOS packages are built in CBS (CentOS Build System).
They are built using the glusterfs.spec in the CentOS dist-git repo at
https://git.centos.org/rpms/glusterfs. Each gluster release has a separate
dist-git .spec on a branch for the CentOS release, i.e. 6, 7, and 8. These
.specs are, generally, very close the .specs in the glusterfs tree.

There is a README.md file there that describes how the rpms are built. In a
nutshell, a .src.rpm is created using rpmbuild, and then the rpms are built
in mock in CBS.

There aren't branches for glusterfs-8 yet, so in this case the gluster-8
RC0 packages that are on download.gluster.org were built using upstream
glusterfs.spec.  There are .src.rpms on download.gluster.org from which you
can extract the glusterfs.spec that was used to build the rpms.

--

Kaleb