[Gluster-devel] heal info output

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Wed Jul 8 12:36:19 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jul 06, 2020 at 12:27:38PM +0200, Xavi Hernandez wrote:
> Is the '.attribute' directory only present on the root directory of a
> filesystem ? if so I strongly recommend to never use the root of a
> filesystem to place bricks. Always place the brick into a subdirectory.

Right, but once the user did the mistake, we need a way out. I found
the new places in the posix xlator where taht directory was not properly
ignored, I will submit a patch.

> > 2) /owncloud/data  is a directory. mode, owner and groups are the same
> > on bricks. Why is it listed here?
>
> If files or subdirectories have been created or removed from that directory
> and the operation failed on some brick (or the brick was down), the
> directory is also marked as bad. You should also check the contents.

Indeed there was some messy stuff, but the only way I found to fix it was
cp -rp dir dir.bak && mv dir dir.orig && mv dir.bak dir  rm -rf dir.orig

But now I have directories in split brain. The only difference I find
is a file mtime. How should I fix that? gluster volume heal gfs splut-brain latest-mtime dir does not work, and if I try it on the file inside, I am told it is
not in split brain.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu at netbsd.org