[Gluster-devel] Removing problematic language in geo-replication

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Wed Dec 30 12:30:35 UTC 2020

Hello,

Just a quick update:  all geo-rep related offensive words (as a matter
of fact, even the non geo-rep ones) that can be removed from the code
have been done so from the devel branch of the glusterfs repo. I thank
everyone for their suggestions, debugging/testing help and code reviews.

Since we have some soak time before the changes make it to the
release-10 branch, I would encourage you to test the changes and report
any issues that you might find. Please try out both new geo-rep set ups
as well as upgrade scenarios (say from a supported release version to
the latest devel branch).

Also, for any new PRs that we are sending/ reviewing/merging, we need to
keep in mind not to re-introduce any offensive words.

Wishing you all a happy new year!
Ravi