[Gluster-devel] Is it safe to lower SHARD_MIN_BLOCK_SIZE?

Krutika Dhananjay kdhananj at redhat.com
Tue Apr 14 09:16:24 UTC 2020

So SHARD_MIN_BLOCK_SIZE is currently hardcoded to 4MB.
If you want to reduce that value further (purely for the sake of testing,
not recommended otherwise), you will need to change its value in the source
code here -
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/43ed6fa34b259b568ae1442b65a5004a894a2654/xlators/features/shard/src/shard.h#L21
and recompile the code. And then set features.shard-block-size to whatever
value you intend to use.
I'd also suggest disabling performance.quick-read before you run your tests.

-Krutika