[Gluster-devel] [RFC] various lists on inode table usage?

Changwei Ge chge at linux.alibaba.com
Mon Oct 21 06:28:46 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am recently working on optimizing inode searching/getting/putting
concurrency. Before the experiment/trial goes, I would like to get fully
understand what the usage of several lists of inode table, especially
for 'invalidate list', since the major difficulty making inode searching
run concurrently is that We have to move inode from one list to the
other and modify some attributes against inode table.
After reading corresponding code, it seems that inode table 'invalidate
list' is only retrieved when destroying inode table(inode_table_destroy).

Can someone help explain the list usage/purpose of 'invalidate list'?

Thanks,
Changwei