[Gluster-devel] Query regards to expose client-pid to fuse process

Mohit Agrawal moagrawa at redhat.com
Fri Oct 11 09:24:33 UTC 2019

Hi,

  I have a query specific to authenticate a client based on the PID
(client-pid).
  It can break the bricks xlator functionality, Usually, on the brick side
we take a decision about the
   source of fop request based on PID.If PID value is -ve xlator considers
the request has come from an internal
  client otherwise it has come from an external client.

  If a user has mounted the volume through fuse after provide --client-pid
to command line argument similar to internal client PID
  in that case brick_xlator consider external fop request also as an
internal and it will break functionality.

  We are checking pid in (lease, posix-lock, worm, trash) xlator to know
about the source of the fops.
  Even there are other brick xlators also we are checking specific PID
value for all internal
  clients that can be break if the external client has the same pid.

  My query is why we need to expose client-pid as an argument to the fuse
process?
   I think we need to resolve it. Please share your view on the same.

Thanks,
Mohit Agrawal