[Gluster-devel] VMs blocked for more than 120 seconds

Martin Toth snowmailer at gmail.com
Mon May 13 06:47:56 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I am running replica 3 on SSDs with 10G networking, everything works OK but VMs stored in Gluster volume occasionally freeze with “Task XY blocked for more than 120 seconds”.
Only solution is to poweroff (hard) VM and than boot it up again. I am unable to SSH and also login with console, its stuck probably on some disk operation. No error/warning logs or messages are store in VMs logs.

KVM/Libvirt(qemu) using libgfapi and fuse mount to access VM disks on replica volume. Can someone advice  how to debug this problem or what can cause these issues?
It’s really annoying, I’ve tried to google everything but nothing came up. I’ve tried changing virtio-scsi-pci to virtio-blk-pci disk drivers, but its not related.

BR,
Martin

These are volume settings :

Type: Replicate
Volume ID: b021bbb6-fa99-4cc7-88f6-49152a22cb9e
Number of Bricks: 1 x 3 = 3
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: node1:/imagestore/brick1