[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-infra] 8/10 AWS jenkins builders disconnected

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Wed Mar 6 15:17:30 UTC 2019

Le mercredi 06 mars 2019 à 17:53 +0530, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay a
écrit :
> On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 5:38 PM Deepshikha Khandelwal
> <dkhandel at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Today while debugging the centos7-regression failed builds I saw
> > most of the builders did not pass the instance status check on AWS
> > and were unreachable.
> >
> > Misc investigated this and came to know about the patch[1] which
> > seems to break the builder one after the other. They all ran the
> > regression test for this specific change before going offline.
> > We suspect that this change do result in infinite loop of processes
> > as we did not see any trace of error in the system logs.
> >
> > We did reboot all those builders and they all seem to be running
> > fine now.
> >

> The question though is - what to do about the patch, if the patch
> itself is the root cause? Is this assigned to anyone to look into?

We also pondered on wether we should protect the builder from that kind
of issue. But since:
- we are not sure that the hypothesis is right
- any protection based on "limit the number of process" would surely
sooner or later block legitimate tests, and requires adjustement (and
likely investigation)

we didn't choose to follow that road for now.

--
Michael Scherer