[Gluster-devel] Bitrot: Time of signing depending on the file size???

David Spisla spisla80 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 07:48:42 UTC 2019

Hello folks,

I did some observations concerning the bitrot daemon. It seems to be that
the bitrot signer is signing files depending on file size. I copied files
with different sizes into a volume and I was wonderung because the files
get their signature not the same time (I keep the expiry time default with
120). Here are some examples:

300 KB file ~2-3 m
70 MB file ~ 40 m
115 MB file ~ 1 Sh
800 MB file ~ 4,5 h

What is the expected behaviour here?
Why does it take so long to sign a 800MB file?
What about 500GB or 1TB?
Is there a way to speed up the sign process?

My ambition is to understand this observation

Regards
David Spisla