[Gluster-devel] Removing glupy from release 5.7

Kaleb Keithley kkeithle at redhat.com
Thu Jun 20 10:57:28 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 5:27 AM Amar Tumballi Suryanarayan <
atumball at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 2:35 PM Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 02:11:21PM +0530, Amar Tumballi Suryanarayan
>> wrote:
>> > On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 1:13 PM Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:
>

> I noticed the issue of smoke is coming only from strfmt-errors job, which
> checks for 'epel-6-i386' mock, and fails right now.
> But we are stuck with strfmt-errors job right now, and looking at what it
> was intended to catch in first place,
> Would be great if disabling strfmt-errors is an option.

strfmt-errors checks that snprintf format stings are correct on both 32-
and 64-bit platforms.

Are you ready to drop support on 32-bit platforms? Some distributions are
dropping 32-bit, but Fedora still supports i686 and armv7hl by default; it
is possible to drop 32-bit on Fedora but there would be strong resistance
to doing it I suspect.  I also think it would be strange to drop it in the
middle of a release stream. If you want to drop it for, say, release-7
that'd be a good time to do it.

strfmt-errors isn't failing generally, AFAICT. The last failure is on a
release-5 branch build. Since the strfmt-errors runs on a CentOS machine I
suspect that it's the same issue we have with centos-regression, which
really goes back to the (misguided IMO) decision to put EPEL and python3 on
the centos builders.

misc sent me a list of all the things that "need" python3. Some/Many/All of
them are for things that run on fedora, e.g. clang-format.  Everything was,
AFAICT, working fine right up to when EPEL and python3 were installed on
the centos builders.  If it was my decision, I'd undo that change.