[Gluster-devel] DNS issue on review.gluster.org, causing outage

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Fri Jun 14 08:10:42 UTC 2019

Hi,

there is a ongoing issue regarding review.gluster.org, with some people
being directed to the wrong server.

A quick fix is to add:
8.43.85.171  review.gluster.org

to /etc/hosts (on Linux)

Adding a MX record yesterday (due to a RH IT request) do result into
the domain name having 2 IP address, one pointing to supercolony (the
MX), one to the gerrit server. That is neither the intention, nor what
is supposed to happen, so I kinda suspect that's a bug somewhere (or a
corner case, or me misreading the RFC).

Investigation is ongoing.

Review.gluster.org may still work for some people (like, it work for me
and still work for me), hence why it wasn't noticed while I tested,
apology for that.
--
Michael Scherer
Sysadmin, Community Infrastructure