[Gluster-devel] Release 5.7 or 5.8

Hari Gowtham hgowtham at redhat.com
Thu Jul 11 07:32:48 UTC 2019

Hi,

We came across an build issue with release 5.7. It was related the
python version.
A fix for it ha been posted [ https://review.gluster.org/#/c/glusterfs/+/23028 ]
Once we take this fix in we need to go ahead with tagging and release it.
Though we have tagged 5.7, we weren't able to package 5.7 because of this issue.

Now the question is, to create 5.7.1 or go with 5.8 as recreating a
tag isn't an option.
My take is to create 5.8 and mark 5.7 obsolete. And the reasons are as below:
*) We have moved on to using 5.x.  Going back to 5.x.y will be confusing.
*) 5.8 is also due as we got delayed a lot in this issue.

If we have any other opinion, please let us know so we can decide and
go ahead with the best option.

--
Regards,
Hari Gowtham.