[Gluster-devel] https://review.gluster.org/#/c/glusterfs/+/19778/

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Tue Jan 8 14:33:58 UTC 2019

On 1/8/19 8:33 AM, Nithya Balachandran wrote:
> Shyam, what is your take on this?
> An upstream user has tried it out and reported that it seems to fix the
> issue , however cpu utilization doubles.

We usually do not backport big fixes unless they are critical. My first
answer would be, can't this wait for rel-6 which is up next?

The change has gone through a good review overall, so from a review
thoroughness perspective it looks good.

The change has a test case to ensure that the limits are honored, so
again a plus.

Also, it is a switch, so in the worst case moving back to unlimited
should be possible with little adverse effects in case the fix has issues.

It hence, comes down to how confident are we that the change is not
disruptive to an existing branch? If we can answer this with resonable
confidence we can backport it and release it with the next 5.x update
release.