[Gluster-devel] I/O performance

Poornima Gurusiddaiah pgurusid at redhat.com
Fri Feb 1 12:25:31 UTC 2019

Can the threads be categorised to do certain kinds of fops? Read/write
affinitise to certain set of threads, the other metadata fops to other set
of threads. So we limit the read/write threads and not the metadata
threads? Also if aio is enabled in the backend the threads will not be
blocked on disk IO right?
All this is based on the assumption that large number of parallel read
writes make the disk perf bad but not the large number of dentry and
metadata ops. Is that true?

Thanks,
Poornima