[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-infra] is_nfs_export_available from nfs.rc failing too often?

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Tue Apr 23 14:14:49 UTC 2019

Le lundi 22 avril 2019 à 22:57 +0530, Atin Mukherjee a écrit :
> Is this back again? The recent patches are failing regression :-\ .

So, on builder206, it took me a while to find that the issue is that
nfs (the service) was running.

./tests/basic/afr/tarissue.t failed, because the nfs initialisation
failed with a rather cryptic message:

[2019-04-23 13:17:05.371733] I [socket.c:991:__socket_server_bind] 0-
socket.nfs-server: process started listening on port (38465)
[2019-04-23 13:17:05.385819] E [socket.c:972:__socket_server_bind] 0-
socket.nfs-server: binding to  failed: Address already in use
[2019-04-23 13:17:05.385843] E [socket.c:974:__socket_server_bind] 0-
socket.nfs-server: Port is already in use
[2019-04-23 13:17:05.385852] E [socket.c:3788:socket_listen] 0-
socket.nfs-server: __socket_server_bind failed;closing socket 14

I found where this came from, but a few stuff did surprised me:

- the order of print is different that the order in the code
- the message on "started listening" didn't take in account the fact
that bind failed on:

https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/rpc/rpc-transport/socket/src/socket.c#L967

The message about port 38465 also threw me off the track. The real
issue is that the service nfs was already running, and I couldn't find
anything listening on port 38465

once I do service nfs stop, it no longer failed.

So far, I do know why nfs.service was activated.

But at least, 206 should be fixed, and we know a bit more on what would
be causing some failure.