[Gluster-devel] Regards glusterd.service is not started automatically after reboot the node

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Apr 17 09:58:15 UTC 2019

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 11:36:09AM +0530, Mohit Agrawal wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   We are facing an issue after install glusterfs-6 rpms. After reboot, the
> node glusterd.service is not started automatically because
>    glusterd.service is not enabled by the installation script.I am not able
> to find the patch from that we deleted command to enable service
>    from glusterfs.spec.in.
>   I have posted a patch(https://review.gluster.org/#/c/glusterfs/+/22584/)
> to resolve the same.

This is not a bug, it is expected behaviour.

Services are not allowed to get automatically enabled through RPM
scriptlets. Distributions that want to enable glusterd by default should
provide a systemd preset as explained in
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/Preset/ . This is
something you could contribute to
https://github.com/CentOS-Storage-SIG/centos-release-gluster/tree/6

HTH,