[Gluster-devel] glusterfsd memory leak issue found after enable ssl

Zhou, Cynthia (NSB - CN/Hangzhou) cynthia.zhou at nokia-sbell.com
Wed Apr 17 05:22:59 UTC 2019

Hi,
In my recent test, I found that there are very severe glusterfsd memory leak when enable socket ssl option.
If I monitor glusterfsd process RSS with command:  pidstat -r -p <glusterfsd pid> 1
And at the same tme, execute command: gluster v heal <volume> info, i find that the RSS keep increasing until system Out of memory.
I have tried even with latest glusterfs5.5 version, this issue still exists,
Have you any idea about this issue?

The config in my env:
[root at mn-0:/var/lib/glusterd]
# gluster v info ccs
Volume Name: ccs
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: b565c958-2fef-4a39-811b-adce67aab20b
Snapshot Count: 0
Number of Bricks: 1 x 3 = 3
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: mn-0.local:/mnt/bricks/ccs/brick
Brick2: mn-1.local:/mnt/bricks/ccs/brick
Brick3: dbm-0.local:/mnt/bricks/ccs/brick
Options Reconfigured:
nfs.disable: on
transport.address-family: inet
cluster.server-quorum-type: none
cluster.quorum-reads: no
ssl.private-key: /var/opt/nokia/certs/glusterfs/glusterfs.key
cluster.favorite-child-policy: mtime
cluster.consistent-metadata: on
network.ping-timeout: 42
cluster.quorum-type: auto
server.allow-insecure: on
server.ssl: on
ssl.own-cert: /var/opt/nokia/certs/glusterfs/glusterfs.pem
ssl.ca-list: /var/opt/nokia/certs/glusterfs/glusterfs.ca
client.ssl: on
performance.client-io-threads: off
cluster.server-quorum-ratio: 51%
[root at mn-0:/var/lib/glusterd]