[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-infra] rebal-all-nodes-migrate.t always fails now

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Thu Apr 4 13:54:22 UTC 2019

Le jeudi 04 avril 2019 à 15:19 +0200, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Le jeudi 04 avril 2019 à 13:53 +0200, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> > Le jeudi 04 avril 2019 à 16:13 +0530, Atin Mukherjee a écrit :
> > > Based on what I have seen that any multi node test case will fail
> > > and
> > > the
> > > above one is picked first from that group and If I am correct
> > > none
> > > of
> > > the
> > > code fixes will go through the regression until this is fixed. I
> > > suspect it
> > > to be an infra issue again. If we look at
> > > https://review.gluster.org/#/c/glusterfs/+/22501/ &
> > > https://build.gluster.org/job/centos7-regression/5382/ peer
> > > handshaking is
> > > stuck as 127.1.1.1 is unable to receive a response back, did we
> > > end
> > > up
> > > having firewall and other n/w settings screwed up? The test never
> > > fails
> > > locally.
> >
> > The firewall didn't change, and since the start has a line:
> > "-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT", so all traffic on the localhost
> > interface
> > work. (I am not even sure that netfilter do anything meaningful on
> > the
> > loopback interface, but maybe I am wrong, and not keen on looking
> > kernel code for that).
> >

> > Ping seems to work fine as well, so we can exclude a routing issue.
> >
> > Maybe we should look at the socket, does it listen to a specific
> > address or not ?
>
> So, I did look at the 20 first ailure, removed all not related to
> rebal-all-nodes-migrate.t and seen all were run on builder203, who
> was
> freshly reinstalled. As Deepshika noticed today, this one had a issue
> with ipv6, the 2nd issue we were tracking.
>
> Summary, rpcbind.socket systemd unit listen on ipv6 despites ipv6
> being
> disabled, and the fix is to reload systemd. We have so far no idea on
> why it happen, but suspect this might be related to the network issue
> we did identify, as that happen only after a reboot, that happen only
> if a build is cancelled/crashed/aborted.
>
> I apply the workaround on builder203, so if the culprit is that
> specific issue, guess that's fixed.
>
> I started a test to see how it go:
> https://build.gluster.org/job/centos7-regression/5383/

The test did just pass, so I would assume the problem was local to
builder203. Not sure why it was always selected, except because this
was the only one that failed, so was always up for getting new jobs.

Maybe we should increase the number of builder so this doesn't happen,
as I guess the others builders were busy at that time ?

--
Michael Scherer