[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-infra] is_nfs_export_available from nfs.rc failing too often?

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Wed Apr 3 11:52:50 UTC 2019

Le mercredi 03 avril 2019 à 16:30 +0530, Atin Mukherjee a écrit :
> On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 11:56 AM Jiffin Thottan <jthottan at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > is_nfs_export_available is just a wrapper around "showmount"
> > command AFAIR.
> > I saw following messages in console output.
> >  mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote
> > locking.
> > 05:06:55 mount.nfs: Either use '-o nolock' to keep locks local, or
> > start
> > statd.
> > 05:06:55 mount.nfs: an incorrect mount option was specified
> >
> > For me it looks rpcbind may not be running on the machine.
> > Usually rpcbind starts automatically on machines, don't know
> > whether it
> > can happen or not.
> >

> That's precisely what the question is. Why suddenly we're seeing this
> happening too frequently. Today I saw atleast 4 to 5 such failures
> already.
>
> Deepshika - Can you please help in inspecting this?

So in the past, this kind of stuff did happen with ipv6, so this could
be a change on AWS and/or a upgrade.

We are currently investigating a set of failure that happen after
reboot (resulting in partial network bring up, causing all kind of
weird issue), but it take some time to verify it, and since we lost 33%
of the team with Nigel departure, stuff do not move as fast as before.

--
Michael Scherer