[Gluster-devel] [ovirt-devel] Re: Status update on "Hyperconverged Gluster oVirt support"

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Sun Sep 30 14:30:50 UTC 2018

On Sat, Sep 29, 2018 at 05:53:42PM +0300, Yaniv Kaul wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 29, 2018, 5:03 PM Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz at hetz.biz> wrote:
>
> > /dev/disk-by-id could be problematic. it only showing disks that have been
> > formatted.
> >
> > For example, I've just created a node with 3 disks and on Anaconda I chose
> > only the first disk. After the node installation and reboot, I see on
> > /dev/disk/by-id only the DM, and the DVD, not the two unformatted disks
> > (which can be seen using lsscsi command).
> > Anaconda, however, does see the disks, details etc...
> >

> That's not what I know. Might be something with udev or some filtering, but
> certainly I was not aware it's related to formatting.

Unfortnately not all disks provide an (stable?) ID. After formatting (at
least with 'pvcreate'), the UUID from the LVM-header is also used for
creating /dev/disk/by-id/... symlinks to the disk/partition.

I'm not so sure about getting the symlinks after formatting with a
filesystem though.

Related to this: https://github.com/heketi/heketi/issues/1371

Niels