[Gluster-devel] gluster-gnfs missing in CentOS repos

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Thu Sep 27 09:47:49 UTC 2018

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 02:28:32PM +0530, Sahina Bose wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 3:04 PM Sahina Bose <sabose at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > gluster-gnfs rpms are missing in 4.0/4.1 repos in CentOS storage. Is this
> > intended?
> >

> Rephrasing my question - is there plans to push gluster-gnfs rpms to the
> CentOS repos as well?

No, Gluster/NFS is deprecated and not really maintained anymore. This
was announced with the Gluster 4.0 release and we encourage all users to
move to NFS-Ganesha.

Gluster 3.x is the last series that have Gluster/NFS enabled by default.
At the moment it is still possible to run './configure --with-gnfs' and
get the Gluster/NFS pieces, but if the gNFS maintainers do not improve
their participation, we might remove the code completely at one point.

Niels