[Gluster-devel] [heketi-devel] Heketi v8.0.0 available for download

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Thu Sep 13 10:58:12 UTC 2018

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 07:43:47PM -0400, John Mulligan wrote:
> Heketi v8.0.0 is now available [1].
>
> This is the new stable version of Heketi.
>
> Major additions in this release:
> * Resumable delete of Volumes and Block Volumes
> * Server administrative modes
> * Throttling of concurrent operations
> * Support configuration of block hosting volume options
> * Heketi cli command to fetch operation counters
> * Support setting restrictions on block hosting volume; to prevent block
> hosting volumes from taking new block volumes
> * Add an option to destroy data while adding a device to a node
> * Heketi Container: load an initial topology if HEKETI_TOPOLOGY_FILE is set
>
> This release contains numerous stability and bug fixes. A more detailed
> changelog is available at the release page [1].

Packages for Fedora 29 (and 30/Rawhide), and CentOS Storage SIG have
been built and are available for testing (if not yet, then very soon).

For Fedora, please run 'dnf --enablerepo=updates-testing install heketi'
and leave feedback in https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2018-5aa0a9dc9b
(Fedora 29 is in Beta at the moment, makes testing more difficult.)

On CentOS-7, use this (assumes centos-release-gluster{312,41} is
installed):

  # yum --enablerepo=centos-gluster*-test install heketi

Once packages for CentOS have been tested, email these lists and we'll
mark the package for release.

A container image based on CentOS should land in the CentOS Registry
soon (tomorrow?) as well. Check
https://registry.centos.org/gluster/storagesig-heketi for the latest
builds, the :testing tag will get heketi-8.0.0 with a new image build.

Thanks,
Niels