[Gluster-devel] xlator.mount.fuse.itable.lru_limit=0 at client fuse process

Amar Tumballi atumball at redhat.com
Thu Oct 18 09:22:37 UTC 2018

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 2:30 PM Yanfei Wang <backyes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear, Developers,
>

> Many tuning and benchmark on different gluster release, 3.12.15, 4.1,
> 3.11, the client fuse process will eat hundreds of GB RAM memory with
> 256G memory system, then OOM and was killed at some time.
>
> To consult many google search, fuse related paper, benchmark, testing,
>  We can not eventually determine what's the reason why memory grows
> larger and larger. We make sure,
>
> xlator.mount.fuse.itable.lru_limit=0 at client fuse process could give
> us some clues.

There is no 'lru_limit' implemented on client side as of now! We are trying
to get that feature done for glusterfs-6. Try pruning inode table by
forcing forgets (by dropping cache)

echo 3 | sudo tee /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

Meantime, some questions on workload, are you having 100s of millions of
files? Or is it lesser files with bigger size?

> I guess, gluster fuse process will cache files inode at  client end,
> and never kick old inode eventually.  However, I do not know if this
> is design issue, or some tradoff, or bugs.
>
> my configuration:
>
> Options Reconfigured:
> performance.write-behind-window-size: 256MB
> performance.write-behind: on
> cluster.lookup-optimize: on
> transport.listen-backlog: 1024
> performance.io-thread-count: 6
> performance.cache-size: 10GB
> performance.quick-read: on
> performance.parallel-readdir: on
> network.inode-lru-limit: 50000
> cluster.quorum-reads: on
> cluster.quorum-count: 2
> cluster.quorum-type: fixed
> cluster.server-quorum-type: server
> client.event-threads: 4
> performance.stat-prefetch: on
> performance.md-cache-timeout: 600
> cluster.min-free-disk: 5%
> performance.flush-behind: on
> transport.address-family: inet
> nfs.disable: on
> performance.client-io-threads: on
> cluster.server-quorum-ratio: 51%
>
> We extremely hope some replies from community,  extremely.  Even
> telling us the trouble can not be resolved for design reason is GREAT
> for us.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> - Fei

Amar Tumballi (amarts)