[Gluster-devel] Compiling GLFS Source Tree under SLES15

David Spisla spisla80 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 09:44:22 UTC 2018

Hello Kaleb,
thank you for the clarification. Below one more short question...

Am Di., 16. Okt. 2018 um 15:48 Uhr schrieb Kaleb S. KEITHLEY <
kkeithle at redhat.com>:

> On 10/16/18 9:30 AM, David Spisla wrote:
> > Hello Kaleb,
> > I've heard that you are responsible building Gluster RPMs for SUSE.
> > At the moment I am working with SLES15 and do some xlator experiments.
> > Therefore I am compiling the Source Tree to get all dependencies to
> > compile some xlators manually.
> >
> > Is there any recommendation from the Gluster community to compile
> > options under SUSE?
> > I use at the moment:
> >
> > ./autogen.sh
> > ./configure --without-libtirpc
> > make
>

> The rpm .spec I use for sles-15 is
>
> https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-suse/blob/sles15-glusterfs-4.1/glusterfs.spec
>
> which is similar to that.

In this spec file you are using --enable-gnfs for configure (line 153).
Well, I don't need this. But what about --disable-static ???
What is the reason for this?

Regards
David