[Gluster-devel] gluster-ansible: Upstream release and current status

Sachidananda URS surs at redhat.com
Sun Oct 14 14:22:12 UTC 2018

Hi,

There is has been some activity in gluster-ansible project.

This week we built upstream packages[1] for:
* gluster-ansible-features
* gluster-ansible-infra
* gluster-ansible

Highlights:

- gluster-ansible-infra documentation was grossly out-of-date
   * We did a overhaul of the documentation and fixed obvious bugs
   * Removed examples/ and added playbooks/ directory with upto date
working playbooks

- Thanks to Sheersha and Nigel, we added our initial tests
- Reworked our end-to-end hyperconverged installation examples and cleanup
playbooks.
- Fixed a very nasty bug where mkfs was skipped when only thick volumes
were created.
- More improvements in hyperconverged deployments, fixed a bunch of bugs.

Call for help:
gluster-ansible is far from feature complete but it is in usable state for
deploying GlusterFS clusters.

* Patches and documentation are always welcome.
* Request to use gluster-ansible for deployments and report bugs,
improvements,
  feature requests, patches ...

-sac

[1] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/sac/gluster-ansible/builds/