[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-Maintainers] Release 5: Branched and further dates

Xavi Hernandez jahernan at redhat.com
Thu Oct 11 06:02:04 UTC 2018

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 10:03 PM Shyam Ranganathan <srangana at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On 09/26/2018 10:21 AM, Shyam Ranganathan wrote:
> > 3. Upgrade testing
> >   - Need *volunteers* to do the upgrade testing as stated in the 4.1
> > upgrade guide [3] to note any differences or changes to the same
> >   - Explicit call out on *disperse* volumes, as we continue to state
> > online upgrade is not possible, is this addressed and can this be tested
> > and the documentation improved around the same?
>
> Completed upgrade testing using RC1 packages against a 4.1 cluster.
> Things hold up fine. (replicate type volumes)
>
> I have not attempted a rolling upgrade of disperse volumes, as we still
> lack instructions to do so. @Pranith/@Xavi is this feasible this release
> onward?

There were some problems with optimistic-change-log option. I think that
disabling it before upgrading (and give some time to become effective)
makes it possible to successfully complete a rolling upgrade, but I've not
tested it personally.

Adding @Ashish Pandey <aspandey at redhat.com> who tested it, and may know
more details about the procedure.

Xavi