[Gluster-devel] Maintainer meeting minutes: 12th Nov, 2018
atumball at redhat.com
Tue Nov 13 12:46:19 UTC 2018
- Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/217609845
- Watch: https://bluejeans.com/s/CDuce
AI from previous week
- Emails on timelines of GlusterFS6 - DONE
Automatically close bugs with CLOSED->NEXT_RELEASE instead of MODIFIED
- MODIFIED state makes sense for a product, which would then go with
ON_QA status, with a dedicated team testing bugs, etc.
- Considering that on upstream patches, there are no active testing
effort, makes sense to move the bug to NEXT_RELEASE status.
- Helps in keeping ‘time-to-close’ record properly.
- More on it @ Maintainer’s ML
check full conversation @ archive
- AI: Raise an infra bug to get this implemented.
Handling Github links on specs repo
- Slightly tricky since we tend to not spam other repos with bot
- specs repo does not have an issue tracker.
- Ideally spec should be approved and at that point there will be an
external tracker reference.
- AI: send email in ML, default closure is when merged, patch will
take action acording to github commit. (like fixes: gluster/glusterfs#NNN
GlusterFS-6 : Anything more to add?
Discussion @ https://hackmd.io/sP5GsZ-uQpqnmGZmFKuWIg
How to use removed xlators in future? Will there be any
experimentation at all?
- All the removed xlators would be available in another repository,
and would be provided with a RPM for users, every release.
- Users can get them in the volume graph using GD2, as it now
supports template based volfile generation.
VDSM had concerns about versioning scheme
- AI: Need to understand more about version dependency.
- Understanding is that, not every project picks <latest>tag, but
picks <major>.latest tag.
There is a need to understand how different projects are dependent on
Gluster, and what are the nature of these dependencies.
ASan: Start picking the tests from beginning.
GD2 : Will it ever be default?
Needs to get tests running against it first to consider the
GCS is a good candidate to get GD2 out of the way.
Should Aravinda’s effort be revived? It can fail initially, but
putting effort there would get us started on this.
Should we consider handling it like Glusto, where they are making
changes in library level, and FS tests remain same.
GCS Status update:
- Automated builds for CSI driver, updates.
- Gluster Prometheus is now part of GCS.
- Gluster-block is TBD
- All good!
Amar Tumballi (amarts)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gluster-devel