[Gluster-devel] Whats latest on Glusto + GD2 integration?

Rahul Hinduja rhinduja at redhat.com
Mon Nov 5 10:52:22 UTC 2018

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 8:43 AM Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <
sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 8:35 AM Atin Mukherjee <amukherj at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thank you Rahul for the report. This does help to keep community up to
> date on the effort being put up here and understand where the things stand.
> Some comments inline.
> >
> > On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 8:01 PM Rahul Hinduja <rhinduja at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> Over past few weeks, few folks are engaged in integrating gd2 with
> existing glusto infrastructure/cases. This email is an attempt to provide
> the high level view of the work that's done so far and next.
> >>
> >> Whats Done.
> >>
> >> Libraries incorporated / under review:
> >>
> >> Gluster Base Class and setup.py file required to read config file and
> install all the packages
> >> Exception and lib-utils file required for all basic test cases
> >> Common rest methods(Post, Get,  Delete), to handle rest api’s
> >> Peer management libraries
> >> Basic Volume management libraries
> >> Basic Snapshot libraries
> >> Self-heal libraries
> >> Glusterd init
> >> Mount operations
> >> Device operations
> >>
> >> Note: I request you all to provide review comments on the libraries
> that are submitted. Over this week, Akarsha and Vaibhavi will try to get
> the review comments incorporated and to get these libraries to closure.
> >>
> >> Where is the repo?
> >>
> >>         [1] https://review.gluster.org/#/q/project:glusto-libs
> >>
> >> Are we able to consume gd1 cases into gd2?
> >>
> >> We tried POC to run glusterd and snapshot test cases (one-by-one) via
> modified automation and libraries. Following are the highlights:
> >>
> >> We were able to run 20 gd1 cases out of which 8 passed and 12 failed.
> >> We were able to run 11 snapshot cases out of which 7 passed and 4
> failed.
> >>
> >> Reason for failures:
> >>
> >> Because of different volume options with gd1/gd2
> >
> > Just to clarify here, we have an open GD2 issue
> https://github.com/gluster/glusterd2/issues/739 which is being worked on
> and that should help us to achieve this backward compatibility.
> >>
> >> Due to different error or output format between gd1/gd2
> >

> > We need to move towards parsing error codes than the error messages. I'm
> aware that with GD1/CLI such infra was missing, but now that GD2 offers
> specific error codes, all command failures need to be parsed through
> error/ret codes in GD2. I believe the library/tests need to be modified
> accordingly to cater to this need to handle both GD1/GD2 based failures.
> >
> >> For more detail which test cases is passed or failed and reasons for
> the failures [2]
> >>
> >> [2]
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O9JXQ2IgRIg5uZjCacybk3BMIjMmMeZsiv3-x_RTHWg/edit?usp=sharing
> >>

> Do these failures require bugs or, issues to track the resolution?

We are going to use github [1] to track these issues. Libraries that were
identified missing from the above exercises are now captured as an issue
[2].

[1]: https://github.com/gluster/glusto-libs/issues
[2]: https://github.com/gluster/glusto-libs/issues/1

Regards,