[Gluster-devel] Centos CI automation Retrospective

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Fri Nov 2 06:02:12 UTC 2018

Hello folks,

On Monday, I merged in the changes that allowed all the jobs in Centos CI
to be handled in an automated fashion. In the past, it depended on Infra
team members to review, merge, and apply the changes on Centos CI. I've now
changed that so that the individual job owners can do their own merges.

1. On sending a pull request, a travis-ci job will ensure the YAML is valid
JJB.
2. On merge, we'll apply the changes to ci.centos.org with travis-ci.

We had a few issues when we did this change. This was expected, but it took
more time than I anticipated to fix all of them up.

Notably, the GD2 CI issues did not get fixed up until today. This was
because the status context was not defined in the yaml file, but only on
the UI. Please avoid making  However, I can now confirm that all jobs are
working exactly off their source yaml. Thanks to Kaushal and Madhu for
working me on solving  this issue. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
If you have a pull request that did not seem to get CI to work, please send
an update with a cosmetic change. That should retrigger CI correctly.

If you notice anything off, please file an infra bug and we'll by happy to
help.

--
nigelb