[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-Maintainers] Meeting minutes : May 2nd, 2018 Maintainers meeting.
srangana at redhat.com
Wed May 2 14:57:53 UTC 2018
Meeting date: 05/02/2018 (May 02nd, 2018), 19:30 IST, 14:00 UTC, 10:00 EDT
* Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/205933580
* Download: <TBD>
* Raghavendra M (Raghavendra Bhat), Kaleb, Atin, Amar, Nithya, Rafi, Shyam
Commitment (GPLv2 Cure)
* Email and Patch
* [amarts] 20+ people already have done +1. Will wait another 15days before any action on this.
* AI: Send a reminder to the lists and get the changes merged around next maintainers meeting [Amar]
GD2 testing upstream
* Is there a glusterd v1 Vs v2 parity check matrix?
* Functional parity of the CLI
* As the cli format is not 100% compatible, how to proceed further with regression tests without much fuss?
* [amarts] Easier option is to handle it similar to brick-mux test. Create a new directory ‘tests2/’ which is copy of current tests, and files changed as per glusterd2/glustercli needs. We can do bulk replace etc etc… start small, make incremental progress. Run it once a day.
* Add smoke check for core glusterfs to keep things working with GD2
* Add GD2 tests into the said patch, to ensure functionality of GD2 itself
* Approach ack: Shyam
* Approach nack:
* Did we come to conclusion? What next?
* Need some more votes to take it forward
* Settle current conflicts to the settings
* [amarts] Need to see what should be ‘deadline’ for this. Ideal to have before 4.1, or else backporting would be serious problem.
* AI: Reminder mail on release to get this closed [Shyam]
* Conversion work should be doable in 1/2 a day
* Per-patch format auto-verifier/correction job readiness
* Possibly not ready during roll-out
* Not looking at it as the blocker, as we can get it within a week and sanitize patches that were merged in that week [Shyam]
Branching for 4.1?
* Today would be branching date [Shyam]
* No time to fold slipping features, as we are 2 weeks off already!
* Branching is on 4th May, 2018, what makes it gets in, rest is pushed to 4.2
* <Any other features>?
* [amarts] - Is the plan for version change (or not change) ready after 4.1? or do we need to extend the period for this?
* AI: Send proposal to devel -> users and take action on getting this done before 4.2
* Fold in xlator maturity states into the same release
* [kkeithley] - new (untriaged) upstream bugs list is getting longer.
* Triage beyond assignment
* Tracking fixes and closure of the same
* AI: Shyam to work on this and next steps
Decisions and Actions
* AI (GPL cure): Send a reminder to the lists and get the changes merged around next maintainers meeting [Amar]
* Decision: GD2 tests to create a patch of tests and work on it using nightly runs to get GD2 integrated
* AI (format conversion): Reminder mail on release to get this closed [Shyam]
* AI (format conversion): Conversion done Thursday, ready for merge Friday [Amar/Nigel]
* Decision (4.1 branching): 4.1 branching date set at 4th May, no feature slips allowed beyond that [Shyam]
* AI (release cadence and version numbers change): Send proposal to devel -> users and take action on getting this done before 4.2 [Shyam]
* AI (Bugs triage cadence): Shyam to work on this and next steps [Shyam]
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gluster-devel