[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-Maintainers] Release 4.1: LTM release targeted for end of May

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Thu Mar 22 18:04:24 UTC 2018

On 03/21/2018 04:12 AM, Amar Tumballi wrote:
>     Current 4.1 project release lane is empty! I cleaned it up, because I
>     want to hear from all as to what content to add, than add things marked
>     with the 4.1 milestone by default.
>

> I would like to see we have sane default values for most of the options,
> or have group options for many use-cases.

Amar, do we have an issue that lists the use-cases and hence the default
groups to be provided for the same?

> Also want to propose that,  we include a release
> of http://github.com/gluster/gluster-health-report with 4.1, and make
> the project more usable.

In the theme of including sub-projects that we want to highlight, what
else should we tag a release for or highlight with 4.1?

@Aravinda, how do you envision releasing this with 4.1? IOW, what
interop tests and hence sanity can be ensured with 4.1 and how can we
tag a release that is sane against 4.1?

> Also, we see that some of the patches from FB branch on namespace and
> throttling are in, so we would like to call that feature out as
> experimental by then.

I would assume we track this against
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/408 would that be right?